I can not go to sleep. I am sooooo extremely tired but I can’t fall asleep. Also, I feel like throwing up. So I started looking up Shakespeare quotes online, because lets face it. I am unnaturally obsessed with the man. And then I remembered all these wonderful monologues.
- To die, to sleep, —
- No more; and by a sleep to say we end
- The heart-ache, and the thousand natural shocks
- That flesh is heir to, — ’tis a consummation
- Devoutly to be wish’d. To die, to sleep; —
- To sleep, perchance to dream: — ay, there’s the rub;
- For in that sleep of death what dreams may come…
I mean, the man had a way with words. That one is from my favorite play of all time- Hamlet. Maybe one day I will create a page with all of my favorite monologues and quotes and rarely anyone would ever look at it, except for me. Because I promise you internet, that I am going to learn a whole new slew of monologues this coming year. I already know a few, yes, but I need to know more.
I’m such a nerd. It’s fabulous.