Tag Archives: nerdfighters
There is this author that I like, maybe you have heard me mention him before… his name is JOHN GREEN. And HE HAS A NEW BOOK OUT TOMORROW. It is called Will Grayson, Will Grayson.
I’ve been calling around to different stores trying to find out who is and is not carrying it. My friend Kelly and I wanted to purchase it from an independent store rather than a chain store, but none of them seem to be stocking it. Sad face. So I called Boarders, because they aren’t doing to well, and I thought it would be fun to give them my business. And then this conversation happened:
Lady: “Boarders, how can I help you?”
Me: “Yes, I was wondering if you could tell me if you were carrying a new release book Will Grayson, Will Grayson? It comes out tomorrow.”
Lady: “Will Grayson?”
Me: “Yes, Will Grayson, Will Grayson.”
Lady: “That is the title?”
Lady: “Who is the author?”
Me: “It is co-authored by John Green and David Levithan.”
Lady: “And that is W-I-L-L?”
Lady: “So Will Grayson?”
Me: “Yes. G-R-A-Y-S-O-N.”
Lady: “And then you repeat it?”
Lady: “So….*pause*…Will Grayson and then Will Grayson again?”
Lady: “Okaaaay…. well it says the street date is tomorrow, but I don’t know how many will be on the table.”
Me: “So you will be selling some?”
Lady: “I don’t know how many will be on the table.”
Me: “Okay, thank you!”
Don’t you just love people?!? After I hung up I laughed for a really long time. I think I might hit up my Barnes & Noble just in case. I mean, they only have four copies out, but I doubt many people in my town are reading John Green (though I wish this were not the case). I will say that this is supposedly the most mature book of his, and he has stated in the video I will post below that middleschoolers (and preschoolers) should not read it.
I can’t wait to buy it! If I didn’t have class it would be the FIRST thing I would do tomorrow morning. Sadly, I have no car and two classes I can’t miss. Oh well! Tomorrow afternoon I will have it, and probably post my review within the week! I’M SO EXCITED!
This is why I love the world of nerds:
I am very tired and have to get up at the crack of dawn (7:40) so I can’t be bothered to give a long, witty description of who the Vlogbrothers are, and why they are so amazing. (Though I have mentioned them before here and here.)Perhaps I will tomorrow. For now, I leave you with one of their best videos to date. DFTBA.
Today was a lovely day. I got my hair cut and then went to Philadelphia to see John Green speak. He read from two of his novels, Looking for Alaska (my personal favorite) and Paper Towns. After his talk he signed books and my parents just so happened to stand in line FIRST so I got my book signed first! It was really fun; he is so funny and yet he really makes interesting points about the way we interpret people and how we fantasize the people around us. Here are the videos of him talking, as well as the question/answer portion (sorry for any crappy video taping) for anyone who wants to see them. I know it seems like a lot, but he is quite amusing so you should watch!
So overall the day was pretty epic. A HUGE thanks to my mum and dad for driving all the way to Philadelphia! And for your daily Hamlet update- he is being quite nice, just hanging out and swimming around. As of right now he is lying beside me (although he is in his tank because you know, I don’t want him to die or anything…).
Have a happy April everyone! See you tomorrow.
(And as always, DFTBA!!!)
I am using the extremely sick card again and posting this amazing video. Why is it amazing? Mainly because it is John Green talking for four minutes.
And he informs you on how to properly insult people.
And his home library kicks butt. I hope to own this many books one day.
Random things from the not-so-distant past, the very-present-present, and the rapidly-approaching-future:
1. I met with my roommate- very nice.
2. I saw my dorm room- larger than I thought, so woot!
3. I went into the 3 story library. I tried really, really hard not to drool all over the pretty books.
4. I added more books to my library. I currently own 323.
5. I am a little more than half-way finished with the latest book club book. It is so good!
6. I cleaned my room today. Gosh I love cleaning.
7. I watched John Green on blogtv, during which he took questions from viewers and I totally GOT MY QUESTION ANSWERED DURING THE LIVE BLOGTV SHOW (!!!!!!!!!!!!) at which point I ran downstairs to let my mother and sister know. There may have been dancing and screaming involved; I can’t be too sure.
8. I got together a bunch of stuff to take to my dorm.
9. I watched the new episode of How I Met Your Mother. Not one of my all time favorites, but still incredibly awesome.
10. I watched the new episode of John and Kate Plus Eight. Ahh, that show is amazing.
11. I am getting my hairs cut tomorrow. SHORT. (!!)
12. Have you ever noticed how people say “I am going to get my hair cut?” I mean, are they just getting one hair cut? I would think not. So why don’t we say “I am going to get my hairs cut?” Sure it sounds grammatically incorrect, but it really does make more sense. (Note: this doesn’t really have anything to do with the not-so-distant past, the very-present-present, or the rapidly-approaching-future, but I needed one more point to make my list even.)
Also, in How I Met Your Mother they talked about Robin’s signiture “sign-off” (she was an anchorwoman on the local news) and I want a signiture sign off for my blog! Lets get creative Internet! Give me ideas!! There may be a prize involved for the winner! Huzzah! Everyone loves prizes!!