1. What author do you own the most books by?
2. What book do you own the most copies of?
Hamlet. Paper Towns.
3. Did it bother you that both those questions ended with prepositions?
No. When I talk, I end sentences with prepositions. When I write blogs I do the same. I only really take the rule into consideration when I am writing a paper for a class.
4. What fictional character are you secretly in love with?
Hamlet. Ron Weasley. Q. Darcy.
5. What book have you read the most times in your life (excluding picture books read to children; i.e., Goodnight Moon does not count)?
Hamlet. Jacob’s Rescue. George’s Marvelous Medicine.
6. What was your favorite book when you were ten years old?
Jacob’s Rescue. George’s Marvelous Medicine.
7. What is the worst book you’ve read in the past year?
The Victim by Saul Bellow.
8. What is the best book you’ve read in the past year?
I can’t choose. One of these: Me Talk Pretty One Day. Naked. Paper Towns. The Lovely Bones.
9. If you could force everyone you know to read one book, what would it be?
10. What book would you most like to see made into a movie?
Considering how people who turn books into movies virtually rape them of everything good and decent, I don’t know if I would wish that upon a book. That being said, I am anticipating what is going to happen with The Lovely Bones.
11. What book would you least like to see made into a movie?
I have absolutely no idea. Ask again later.
12. Describe your weirdest dream involving a writer, book, or literary character.
I had a dream that mixed John Green and Hamlet and Harry Potter (the golden trio) but I can’t remember the specific details. All I remember is that it was ODD.
13. What is the most lowbrow book you’ve read as an adult?
14. What is the most difficult book you’ve ever read?
Wuthering Heights by Emily Bronte. I didn’t even finish it. I didn’t even make it past the seventh chapter.
15. What is the most obscure Shakespeare play you’ve seen?
Timon of Athens was one seriously effed up play. Don’t read it. Don’t see it.
16. Do you prefer the French or the Russians?
I want to learn how to speak Russian. I would love, love to adopt a little girl from there. But I’ve been to France, and I will be devoting the rest of my academic life to learning the language. So I guess French.
17. Roth or Updike?
Roth. Go read Goodbye, Columbus right now.
18. David Sedaris or Dave Eggers?
SEDARIS. Sedaris. Sedaris. Sedaris allllllll the way.
19. Shakespeare, Milton, or Chaucer?
20. Austen or Eliot?
Austen. A thousand times Austen.
21. What is the biggest or most embarrassing gap in your reading?
Lord of the Rings. I WILL read these before I go to New Zealand. I promise.
22. What is your favorite novel?
I don’t know. I hate this question. I’m pretty fond of Looking for Alaska by John Green.
Hamlet. Keep up people.
Annabelle Lee by Edgar Allan Poe.
Civil Disobedience by Thoreau.
26. Work of nonfiction?
Me Talk Pretty One Day. Naked. Both are by David Sedaris. Without You by Anthony Rapp.
27. Who is your favorite writer?
I can’t choose a favorite. JKR and John are pretty awesome though.
28. Who is the most overrated writer alive today?
29. What is your desert island book?
The Harry Potter series. Does that count as one book? Who cares, that is what I am choosing.
30. And… what are you reading right now?
Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Seth Grahame-Smith. On the Road by Jack Kerouac. Breakfast at Tiffany’s by Truman Capote.