Happy Easter Internet! Yesterday I answered some of Morgan’s questions. Today I shall do the same.
1. If American food no longer existed because America became “Euramerica” what other culture’s food could you eat day in and day out without ever getting sick of it?
Definitely England or France. While there I never had any problem finding something on the menu. England’s pies ( the steak and ale was my favorites) were absolutely WONDERFUL and I could eat fish and chips any time. France is completely different. First, they like to make hot ham and cheese sandwiches and fry and egg on top of the sandwich. This is probably one of the few things I would never order again, because the egg caused the bread to be soggy and I HATE soggy bread. That is only a minor set back compared to the unbelievably amazing assortments of pastas. And who can forget all of those little treats and sweets in the pastry shops? Not me.
2. Since you have the travel bug and most all places seem somewhat appealing, what is one place you would NOT want to visit?
It is true I have this so called “travel bug.” I have studied in England and France and I am in the process of applying for my third study abroad. (Fingers crossed!!) But a place I would not want to visit? Hmmm. Australia simply for the fact that they have GINORMOUS spiders.
But seriously, I have no interest in going to Africa, Japan, and China. It’s not that I hate them or anything, but there are far too many places I would really want to go to before I even considered visiting those places.
3. If you could change your name, first middle or last, what would you change it to and why?
This is going to be a boring answer because I would not change my name at all. I am happy to have my grandfather’s first name (Lauren was both a boy’s and girl’s name when he was born) and my mother’s middle name (plus its French! woot!)
As for my last name, that will (hopefully) change one day anyways, so what is the point of changing it now?
4. If you could only have one child and were told that in order to have this child you must choose one effect on their life- either they would be the most spoiled self centered obnoxious brat the world has ever seen or they would have a rare and serious illness but one that was not life threatening. Which would you choose for them and why?
This is a really interesting question. Who wants a brat? Who wants a sick child?
I think I would have to go with the self centered brat. As much as I CAN NOT stand little bratty kids, I don’t think I could ever voluntarily cause an illness on anyone. Even though it is not life threatening there will still be effects and my child would still be in pain from time to time.
Ugh. I hate brats. I hate this question.
5. What career would you most want to do if money and schooling were no object?
To answer this one, I need to borrow a line from Girl, Interrupted:
“If I could have any job in the world, I would be a professional Cinderella.”
Have a happy April everyone! See you tomorrow!