I think what I am going to do is start writing down all the horrible, funny, crazy things my roommates have done. Then one day I will write a book about dorm life, and how I lived with some of the most insane people.
Here are just a few ideas of what I have lived with.
1. One particular roommate would always take naps on my bed, using my pillow, and my stuffed animals. I told her I might have pink eye, thinking that would keep her off my bed (and I really thought I had it) but she continued to sleep on my bed. Even after I asked her to stop.
2. One particular roommate would complain that she would get freezing cold every single time I turned on the air conditioner. [And we lived in Florida, so it was rather hot.] I discovered that she was most likely freezing because she was in booty shorts and a sports bra.
3. One particular roommate slept with so many things on her bed (we had bunk beds so the room would be bigger) that during the night I had things such as belts, granola bars, shoes and other various items fall on my face.
4. One particular roommate had a particular obsession with locking the doors. While I think it is a good thing to lock the door, if you know me at all, you know I HATE locking doors. But considering where we lived and such, it was a good idea to lock the door if we are sleeping, or leaving for class, or for the weekend, etc. [in other words, when we were NOT going to be in the room for a lengthy period of time.] What I don’t quite agree with the latest thing she asked of me. She stated (numerous times) that if she was not in the room at the time, would I would lock the door when I left to use the bathroom. Lock the door to use the bathroom. !!!!
5. One particular roommate didn’t have a computer, so from time to time I said she could use mine. What I found her doing was looking up STD’s and such, because surprise! She thought she had one! I found this out after someone saw it in my “browser history” and asked me about it.
Please keep in mind that none of the above are from the same girl, and that I do love all of my roommates (well, the large majority of them). The first real roommate I had (I had “housemates” before I moved on campus) seemed difficult at the time, but she is one of the two normal ones I lived with. Out of the five, I would only live with two particular girls again. And even they had some unusual tendencies. I must say, while these are mere snippets of life with the girls, I have some of the best roommate stories around.